We believe the one true God exists in three persons (Father, Son, and
Holy Spirit) that are co-equal, co-substantial, and co-eternal.
We believe that salvation is by faith alone, without works of any kind.
We believe the Bible is the inerrant Word of God and it consists of 39
books in the Old Testament and 27 books in the New Testament. We believe
the Canons of the Old and New Testaments were inspired by the Holy Spirit
and then closed by the leading of the Holy Spirit, and no other books should
be added to them. However, we believe other history and prophecy books
do exist and were kept for our learning outside these canons. The Dead
Sea Scrolls are one such example.
We believe in a literal Second Coming of Jesus Christ where He will physically
reign on earth for one thousand years.
We believe in a literal seven-year period, called the Tribulation Period,
where the Antichrist will appear, and a pre-trib Rapture which occurs before
the start of that seven-year period.
We believe in Messianic Judaism, which teaches that Gentiles were forbidden
by the Old Testament to observe Jewish rituals but are now free to do so
under the New Covenant.
We believe in the continuance of the Spiritual Gifts.
We are Protestant, adhering to Calvary Chapel doctrine as taught by Chuck
We believe in Dispensationalism but reject hyper-Dispensationalism, Covenant
Theology, and Replacement Theology.
Dead Sea Scrolls
We believe that the Zadok priests ran the School of the Prophets and preserved
the original temple library which consisted of the Old Testament and many
other historical and prophetic documents. However, we reject all Gnostic
works as cultic (all manuscripts found in Nag Hamadi, Egypt, in AD 1947).
We believe in a literal seven-day creation.
We believe in Arminianism, which teaches each person is born a sinner
destined to spend eternity in Hell, but each person can freely accept God's
gift of forgiveness and be granted eternal life through Jesus Christ.
Upon physical death each person's spirit lives on. Christians go to be
present with the LORD and non-Christians go to Hades to await judgement.
This is the opposite of Annihilationism, which says each person's spirit
ceases to exist upon death.
We reject the doctrines of Contemplative Prayer, also called Meditation,
which teaches the emptying of the mind through mantras is an acceptable
form of prayer. We believe this is a sin and biblically called sorcery.
Other Rejected Teachings
- Oneness theology, Sacramentalism, Works Salvation.
- Postmillennialism and Amillennialism.
- Mid-trib Rapture and Post-trib Rapture.
- Hebrew Roots Theology, which teaches that Gentiles are commanded to follow
the Law of Moses.
- Pan-Babylonianism, and Sacred-Name Theology.
- Roman Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy.
- Cessationism, Hyper-Pentecostalism, Prosperity Gospel.
- Reincarnation and Evolution
- Pelegianism (mankind is born sinless)
- Hyper-Arminianism (a person can lose his salvation then get re-saved repeatedly).
- Calvinistic Predestination (Some individuals are born predestined for heaven and others for hell, mankind has no choice in the matter)
- Annihilationism (that each person ceases to exist upon death).